NCASBO School Principal Academy
The NCASBO School Principal Academy has been developed as a continuation and expansion
of the NCASBO School Business Management Academy and School Treasurers Academy. It was felt by the Association that the school principals and assistant principals should be the second group of the expansion, as they interact so frequently and importantly with the treasurers in the schools and with the school business offices of the school systems.
Facts about the Principal Academy
- To keep the cost of the classes to a minimum, we will have classes regionally, which will reduce travel time and expense.
- There will be no application cost of Academy members, as a requirement of taking classes.
- There is no requirement that Academy members be a member of NCASBO, although they are welcome to do so.
- Each class will be for 3.5-4.0 hours each, and will cost $50 per class. Although not required, we highly encourage you to take advantage of full day instruction, when available. Class materials will be emailed to class attendees prior to each class for which they have registered. These materials are to be printed out, reviewed and brought with them to class.
- The entire curriculum, which has now been completed, should require approximately 2 total days of instruction. These classes will be offered multiple times throughout the state, and will not require that attendees take all classes at one time. We are aware of the importance of your jobs, and that being away for any extended time from your school is not possible.
- The curriculum has been designed for principals, assistant principals, and those aspiring to those positions.
- Classes must be registered for via the NCASBO website, through the Calendar of Events by the Website Manager, based on notification from the school system's finance officer.
Some of the comments from evaluations from attendees to the School Principals' Academy:
"We need this relevant information to make sound financial decisions for our schools."; "This information will help keep me out of trouble."; "I now have a much better understanding of the internal aspects of PTO fundraising and gate receipts."; "As principals, this information is vital to our success and keeps us in compliance with laws."; "The information provided was clear and easy to understand. We, as principals, need a booster shot every once in a while."; "I especially enjoyed information on night deposits and setting up procedures for key personnel."; "Every principal, assistant principal and bookkeeper should be required to attend this type of workshop." "It provided us with the specific details between the budget codes and how funds are allocated to schools. This information will help me to better use staff and funds I have control over." "It's important for principals to understand why we can't just purchase materials from a line item of choice." "As a new principal, this is the best information I've heard on budgeting."