NCASBO School Treasurer Academy
The NCASBO School Treasurer Academy has been developed as a continuation and expansion of the NCASBO School Business Management Academy. It was felt by the Association that the school treasurers should be the first group of the expansion, as the treasurers in the schools interact so frequently and importantly with the school business offices of the school systems.
Facts about the Treasurer Academy
- To keep the cost of the classes to a minimum, we will have classes regionally, which will reduce travel time and expense.
- There will be no application cost of Academy members, as a requirement of taking classes.
- There is no requirement that Academy members be a member of NCASBO, although they are welcome to do so.
- Each class will be for 3.5-4.0 hours each, and will cost $25 per class. Although not required, we highly encourage you to take advantage of full day instruction, when available. Class materials will be emailed to class attendees prior to each class for which they have registered. These materials are to be printed out, reviewed and brought with them to class.
- The entire curriculum, which is still in the process of being completed, should require approximately 6-7 total days of instruction. These classes will be offered multiple times, and will not require that attendees take all classes at one time. We are aware of the importance of your jobs, and that being away for any extended time from your school is not possible.
- Classes must be registered for via the NCASBO website, through the Calendar of Events by the Website Manager.
Some of the comments from evaluations from attendees to the School Treasurers' Academy:
"I learned several things I did not know about such as FMLA, disability insurance, absences, and paying of overtime. Great class. Wish I could have had it years ago." "There were many things that were presented in this class that I was unaware of, despite the fact that I have been doing this type of work for many years." "Every school treasurer needs this information." "This has helped me understand why we have internal controls and the importance of them." "These classes have helped to connect the dots for our daily responsibilities."